Last Updated on April 15th, 2019
Simplist Mortgage LLC
500 7th Avenue, 8th Floor
New York, NY 10018
Phone: (646) 992-4696
- International Users. Please note that our Website and Services are provided in the U.S. and intended for U.S. residents. As such, they are governed by U.S. law. If you use our Website or Services, your Personal Data will be subject to U.S. law and processed in the U.S. or in other countries, and you agree to this processing.
- Types of Data We Collect. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below. “Personal Data” includes any information which, either alone or in combination with other information we hold about you, identifies you as an individual. When we use the term “Anonymous Data,” we are referring to data and information that does not permit you to be identified or identifiable, either alone or when combined with any other information available to a third party. We may create Anonymous Data from the Personal Data that we receive about you and other individuals whose Personal Data we collect. Anonymous Data might include analytics information and information collected by us using cookies. We make Personal Data into Anonymous Data by excluding information that makes the data personally identifiable to you.
Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail address, phone number, username and password when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”). As a borrower, by registering an Account, you can save information such as loan documents for later review and update.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
Information Collected via Technology.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Website and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to prevent fraud, analyze trends, administer the Website, track users’ movements around the Website, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs. For example, some of the information may be collected so that when you visit the Website or the Services again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to provide you with other information appropriate to your interests. In the case of suspicious activity, we may link IP addresses to Personal Data for the purpose of securing and safeguarding that Personal Data.
Information Collected from Third Parties.
- We may receive additional information about you from third party partners, including credit reporting agencies and lenders, and combine it with other information that we have about you.
- If you are listed as a co-borrower on a loan, we may collect information about you from a registered user who has an Account with the Services in order to process the loan.
- Use of Your Personal Data
- General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- provide improved administration of our Website and Services;
- perform a credit check through a credit reporting agency and generate a credit profile;
- provide the Services you request, including identifying borrowers’ (and co-borrowers’) maximum buying power, generating pre-approval letters and loan options, processing loans, and facilitating communications between borrowers and lenders about loan applications;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Website, and Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail and/or text message to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail or text notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- provide you with alerts and updates regarding your loan options and/or loan status; and
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Simplist.
- User Testimonials and Feedback. We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We occasionally publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our users by their first and last name and may also indicate their home city. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting his or her name along with the testimonial, feedback or comment. If you make any comments on a blog or forum associated with our Website, you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personal Data you choose to submit in these blogs and forums.
- Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Website navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
- Third Parties Designated by You. When you use the Services, the Personal Data you provide will be shared with the third parties that you authorize to receive such information. For example, the relevant anonymized information may be shared with various lenders to be matched with loan programs to provide you with options.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may provide your Personal Data to (i) third party service providers to provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Website; (ii) credit reporting agencies to perform credit checks, (iii) potential lenders to evaluate your eligibility for pre-approval for a loan, to secure and/or service a loan; and/or (iv) other service providers who assist in qualifying, processing, and closing your loan; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to Simplist.
- Your Choices Regarding Your Information. You have several choices regarding use of information on our Services:
- If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service.
- Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. All users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Data in their Account by contacting us or by editing their settings via the Services. If you completely delete all of your Personal Data, then your Account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
- Security of Your Personal Data. Simplist is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of advanced security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while Simplist uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, Simplist cannot guarantee its absolute security.