Simplist is a venture backed digital mortgage marketplace committed to modernizing and simplifying the largely outdated and stressful mortgage application process. Founded in 2018 by a team of experienced real estate and finance professionals, Simplist works with major national firms and established regional lenders alike to quickly and securely match borrowers with the perfect mortgage. Simplist serves as the sole point of contact for borrowers, from application through closing.
Mortgages were created in the 1700s, and we are modernizing the experience for today's consumers. With a ton of buzz in the market around our revolutionary product and dynamic team, now is the best time to join!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are seeking a UX Design Lead to lead our design team and to help shape the future of Simplist. You will play a key role, working closely with Product, Engineering, Business stakeholders, and the Leadership team. You will report directly into the VP of Product. The ideal candidate will have a stellar cross-functional design background and familiarity with consumer-focused products and experiences.
- Act as a thought leader, helping to build the Design function at Simplist and playing a critical role in developing and articulating the product vision and strategy
- Act as an individual contributor, creating designs from discovery to implementation
- Champion the customer and brand voice to ensure that only the best user experiences are being delivered
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to prioritize and plan product initiatives
- Create practical, elegant solutions to complex problems that are based on empirical data gathered from data analytics and user research
- Recruit and manage other designers as we grow and scale
- 5+ Years of demonstrated success in UI/UX Design, Visual/Interaction Design, and/or Product Design roles
- You love designing awesome end-to-end B2C experiences and have a strong opinion about what makes a great user experience
- Strong belief in user-centric design principles, leveraging user research and feedback whenever possible
- Extensive experience partnering with product management, engineering, marketing, and data teams
- Experience leading teams in a fast-paced startup environment
- Highly dependable self-starter with good organizational and time management skills
- Thoughtful team player who will innovate to continuously improve the way Simplist serves its customers
- Ability to handle confidential/sensitive information and exercise exceptional judgment
- Experience in consumer fintech or mortgage lending is a plus
- Experience in a fast-paced, results-driven agency setting is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation + equity in a fast-growing startup
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage plan options for you and your dependents
- Our base medical plan is paid by the company at 100% for you and 50% for your dependents!
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life
- Pre-tax savings plans for public transportation and parking expenses
- We are currently operating largely remote, but our offices are open on a voluntary basis for fully vaccinated employees
- We look forward to welcoming you in our offices located at 500 7th Ave once it is safe to do so!
Simplist is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.