Simplist is a venture backed digital mortgage marketplace committed to modernizing and simplifying the largely outdated and stressful mortgage application process. Founded in 2018 by a team of experienced real estate and finance professionals, Simplist works with major national firms and established regional lenders alike to quickly and securely match borrowers with the perfect mortgage. Simplist serves as the sole point of contact for borrowers, from application through closing.
Mortgages were created in the 1700s, and we are modernizing the experience for today's consumers. With a ton of buzz in the market around our revolutionary product and dynamic team, now is the best time to join!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Our Loan Experts are the backbone of the organization as we strive to provide the best customer experience in the mortgage industry. You are the first line of defense in the process once an application is submitted, and as such you must possess an in-depth knowledge of our available loan programs, of their respective requirements, and of our processes.
We’re looking for a results driven Loan Expert Associate with a knack for strong customer service. Communication skills are key, since loan experts are responsible for driving the loan process. Loan Experts should also have an aptitude in math and excellent time management skills. We are a rapidly growing team, so the most successful loan experts will be able to adapt to change with a solution-oriented mindset.
· Drive the sales process for prospective borrowers while clearly explaining our value proposition.
· Help borrowers who visit simplist.com with customer service requests including explaining options, explaining our process, structuring loans, and being their main point of contact.
· Responsible for building a pipeline and hitting sales targets.
· Assist in gathering all important data required to help borrowers obtain approval.
· Work to move the application forward smoothly while acting as the main point of contact between all parties throughout the transaction and ensuring borrower satisfaction throughout the process.
· Review and evaluate all received financial documents prior to underwriting submission, including verifying information, correcting mistakes, investigating inconsistencies, and working with operations team to get file to approval.
· Outstanding communication and customer service skills.
· No prior mortgage industry experience required.
· Minimum 1 year of recent sales experience.
· Ability to thrive in a high volume, fast paced environment.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
· Excellent written and verbal communication.
· Ability to manage multiple responsibilities.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Well-organized and able to handle pressure in an evolving environment.
· Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
· Required to pass NMLS exam before starting the position (licensed position).
WHAT WE OFFER:
· Competitive compensation + equity in a fast-growing startup
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage plans for you and your dependents (our base medical plan is paid by the company at 100% for you and 50% for your dependents!)
· Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
· Pre-tax savings plans for public transportation and parking expenses
· Fully remote during COVID19, but we look forward to welcoming you in our offices once it is safe to do so!
Simplist is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.