Simplist is a venture backed digital mortgage marketplace committed to modernizing and simplifying the largely outdated and stressful mortgage application process. Founded in 2018 by a team of experienced real estate and finance professionals, Simplist works with major national firms and established regional lenders alike to quickly and securely match borrowers with the perfect mortgage. Simplist serves as the sole point of contact for borrowers, from application through closing.
Mortgages were created in the 1700s, and we are modernizing the experience for today's consumers. With a ton of buzz in the market around our revolutionary product and dynamic team, now is the best time to join!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We’re looking for a Backend Engineer who is well versed with C#, has a solid understanding of fundamental computer science principles, as well as a demonstrated ability to leverage design patterns to deliver robust and reusable solutions. Reporting directly into the Vice President of Engineering and working closely with the rest of the engineering team, our ideal candidate is detail oriented, able to thrive in a start-up environment and excited about a position with tremendous upside and opportunities for growth. Additionally, knowledge of message-oriented architectures, real-time messaging paradigms, and micro-service architectures is a big plus.
· Implement new backend features using C# and .NET Core
· Emphasize performance-oriented code
· Participate in team design sessions
· Fluent with OOP, C# and .NET Core
· Fluent with asynchronous programming methodologies
· Demonstrated proficiency with various design patterns
· Familiar with agile programming methodologies
· Familiar with micro-service architectures
· Knowledge of relational database management systems
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation + equity in a fast-growing startup
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage plan options for you and your dependents
- Our base medical plan is paid by the company at 100% for you and 50% for your dependents!
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Pre-tax savings plans for public transportation and parking expenses
- We are currently fully remote, but are open to flexible WFH arrangements once we re-open
- We look forward to welcoming you in our offices located at 500 7th Ave once it is safe to do so!
Simplist is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.