Simplist is a venture backed digital mortgage marketplace committed to modernizing and simplifying the largely outdated and stressful mortgage application process. Founded in 2018 by a team of experienced real estate and finance professionals, Simplist works with major national firms and established regional lenders alike to quickly and securely match borrowers with the perfect mortgage. Simplist serves as the sole point of contact for borrowers, from application through closing.
Mortgages were created in the 1700s, and we are modernizing the experience for today's consumers. With a ton of buzz in the market around our revolutionary product and dynamic team, now is the best time to join!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We’re seeking a technical writer to help make our engineering team more efficient and productive by writing, structuring, and maintaining high-quality internal developer content. By building a strong knowledge-base made up of clear and concise documentation, the technical writer will enable engineers to spend less time digging for answers, wrangling tools, and interrupting each other’s workflows with questions.
· Work with key stakeholders including senior leadership, developers, and designers to write and edit documentation for new features
· Enable Simplist’s engineers to quickly ship reliable code, while minimizing cognitive overhead
· Define and own the quality bar for internal software documentation including procedure-based feature documentation, use-case-driven guides, and technical topics
· Document key architectural components into an easily referenceable, standardized structure
· Transform tribal knowledge into comprehensive written content
· Consolidate documentation from multiple content sources into a unified index
· Document standards, guidelines, and best practices to help engineers write excellent technical documentation themselves
· You have 2+ years of technical writing experience and/or a degree in software or a related technical program
· You are conversational in Markdown and/or HTML and have a familiarity with languages including C#, .NET, and Typescript
· You are able to respond effectively to multiple requests and priorities simultaneously, including being able to give and receive feedback constructively
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation + equity in a fast-growing startup
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage plan options for you and your dependents
- Our base medical plan is paid by the company at 100% for you and 50% for your dependents!
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Pre-tax savings plans for public transportation and parking expenses
- We are currently fully remote, but are open to flexible WFH arrangements once we re-open
- We look forward to welcoming you in our offices located at 500 7th Ave once it is safe to do so!
Simplist is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.