Simplist is a venture backed digital mortgage marketplace committed to modernizing and simplifying the largely outdated and stressful mortgage application process. Founded in 2018 by a team of experienced real estate and finance professionals, Simplist works with major national firms and established regional lenders alike to quickly and securely match borrowers with the perfect mortgage. Simplist serves as the sole point of contact for borrowers, from application through closing.
Mortgages were created in the 1700s, and we are modernizing the experience for today's consumers. With a ton of buzz in the market around our revolutionary product and dynamic team, now is the best time to join!
About the Role:
We are seeking a technical writer to bolster the efficiency and productivity of our engineering team by writing, structuring, and maintaining high-quality developer content. In this contract-to-hire role, you’ll have the opportunity to build a strong base of clear and concise documentation—empowering engineers to spend less time digging for answers, wrangling tools, and responding to interrupting queries. You’ll be hands-on with highly technical documentation that has huge visibility and impact. Our ideal candidate is passionate about education, collaboration, and problem-solving—they’re a gifted communicator and a detailed wordsmith with a gift for presenting complex information in a digestible way for developers of all experience levels.
- Work with key stakeholders including senior leadership, developers, and designers to write and edit documentation for new features.
- Enable Simplist’s engineers to quickly ship reliable code, while minimizing cognitive overhead
- Define and own the quality bar for internal software documentation including procedure-based feature documentation, use-case-driven guides, and technical topics
- Document key architectural components into an easily referenceable, standardized structure
- Transform tribal knowledge into comprehensive written content
- Consolidate documentation from multiple content sources into a unified index
- Structure large sets of documentation so it’s easy for engineers to find information by service, function, use case, and task
- Document standards, guidelines, and best practices to help engineers write excellent technical documentation themselves
- Help establish a thriving documentation culture that is baked into common engineering workflows, like planning, development, and code reviews
- You have 3-5 years' writing experience or a degree in the software or related industry, ideally as a technical writer (keep in mind that we’ll index off of your technical and writing capabilities more-so than the job titles you’ve held).
- You’re conversational in Markdown and/or HTML and have a familiarity with languages including C#, .NET, and Angular
- You have a strong ability to respond effectively to multiple requests and priorities simultaneously, including being able to give and receive feedback constructively
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation + equity in a fast-growing startup
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage plan options for you and your dependents
- Our base medical plan is paid by the company at 100% for you and 50% for your dependents!
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life
- Pre-tax savings plans for public transportation and parking expenses
- We are currently operating on a hybrid model—our offices are open on a voluntary basis for fully vaccinated employees.
Simplist is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.