Simplist is a venture backed digital mortgage marketplace committed to modernizing and simplifying the largely outdated and stressful mortgage application process. Founded in 2018 by a team of experienced real estate and finance professionals, Simplist works with major national firms and established regional lenders alike to quickly and securely match borrowers with the perfect mortgage. Simplist serves as the sole point of contact for borrowers, from application through closing.
Mortgages were created in the 1700s, and we are modernizing the experience for today's consumers. With a ton of buzz in the market around our revolutionary product and dynamic team, now is the best time to join!
About The Role
Simplist is rapidly growing and seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager to lead a key portion of our user journey. In this role reporting directly to the executive leadership team, you will have the opportunity to join a newly forming team to bring product ideas to life that will substantially improve the experience of our customers and tangibly impact the business’s trajectory. Working closely with Engineering, Design, and Business teams, you’ll have the ability to exercise your versatile product management toolkit to prioritize, develop, and ship new Simplist product features and enhancements. We’re an entrepreneurial team and we’re moving quickly—as an early employee, you’ll have a powerful influence on our success as we scale our team and impact. If you’re comfortable adapting to an ever-changing environment and are excited about remedying the pain of the mortgage process, we’d love to hear from you!
- Own the product roadmap for a core part of our user experience and ongoing product enhancements through deep user research and understanding of business goals
- Leverage a data-driven approach to ensure we are prioritizing the most impactful features and to ensure our solutions are resulting in the expected impact
- Collaborate with leadership and cross-functional stakeholders to scope effective solutions that solve real user problems and wow our customers
- Lead an Agile team of engineers, going deep into the technical requirements
- Bring solutions to market through ownership of the full product lifecycle: problem identification, solution design, backlog grooming, user story creation, sprint planning, engineering development, testing, and validation
- Actively communicate and manage competing priorities with consistency and transparency
- 5+ years of experience in product management, particularly with SaaS/B2B products at growth-stage companies
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and passionate about successfully navigating complex and sometimes ambiguous problem areas
- Propensity to Challenge and simplify archaic processes and love removing friction to address customer pain points
- Aptitude to blend strategic and tactical execution skills; can influence high-level strategy as well as dive into the weeds and get hands-on
- Demonstrable success delivering complex marketplace platforms or user onboarding flows (experience working in fintech or lending is a plus)
- Systems thinker who is deeply empathetic and leads with a user-centered approach
- Creative problem solver who can read between the lines and extrapolate ideas that turn into solutions
- Natural collaborator able to work well with other business units to build iterative solutions that continuously deliver value
- Exceptional communicator with a proven track record of building strong relationships with stakeholders
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation + equity in a fast-growing startup. Base salary: 120k-185k/yr.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage plan options for you and your dependents
- Our base medical plan is paid by the company at 100% for you and 50% for your dependents!
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life
- Pre-tax savings plans for public transportation and parking expenses
- We are currently operating on a hybrid model—our offices are open on a voluntary basis for fully vaccinated employees. Simplist is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.