Simplist is a venture backed digital mortgage marketplace committed to modernizing and simplifying the largely outdated and stressful mortgage application process. Founded in 2018 by a team of experienced real estate and finance professionals, Simplist works with major national firms and established regional lenders alike to quickly and securely match borrowers with the perfect mortgage. Simplist serves as the sole point of contact for borrowers, from application through closing.
Mortgages were created in the 1700s, and we are modernizing the experience for today's consumers. With a ton of buzz in the market around our revolutionary product and dynamic team, now is the best time to join!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Our Loan Operations team serves as the backbone to the organization as we strive to provide the best customer experience in the mortgage industry. We are looking for an efficient Loan Operations Analyst to process mortgage loan files and help clients close on their new loans. You are the first line of defense in the process once an application is submitted, and as such you must possess an in-depth knowledge of our available loan programs, of their respective requirements, and of our processes.
We’re looking for a detail-oriented processor with a knack for strong customer service. Communication skills are key, since our operations team is the glue that binds all stakeholders from clients to underwriters. A Mortgage Operations Analyst should also have an aptitude in math and excellent time management skills. We are a rapidly growing team, so the most successful processors are able to adapt to change with a solution-oriented mindset. This rapid growth also means a lot of room for growth in the role!
- Independently process files from application to closing.
- Gather all important data required to help borrowers obtain approval.
- Order third-party reports, such as appraisals, title searches, and homeowners insurance.
- Work with loan originators and our partner lenders to move the application smoothly while acting as the point of contact between all parties throughout the transaction.
- Collect and consolidate all documents from the client. This includes income, assets, liabilities, and subject property information.
- Review and evaluate all received financial documents prior to underwriting submission, including verifying information and references. Correct mistakes, investigate inconsistencies, and submit completed loan files for approval.
- Obtain and submit all conditions in a timely manner, in order to close loans quickly and optimize borrower experience.
- Conduct a final review of the file before closing.
- Driven self-starter eager to push their limits on a team of industry frontrunners
- Proven experience as a mortgage loan processor or similar position
- Understanding of loan underwriting and processing procedures
- Knowledge of compliance rules and industry best practices
- Proficient in mortgage industry software (Encompass preferred)
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail—you take pride in the accuracy and completeness of your work
- Highly communicative and collaborative team player who is always willing to pitch in and help the team win
- Well-organized and able to handle pressure in an evolving environment
- Math proficiency—able to accurately structure a deal on your toes
- High school diploma; bachelor’s degree preferred
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation + equity in a fast-growing startup
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage plan options for you and your dependents
- Our base medical plan is paid by the company at 100% for you and 50% for your dependents!
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Pre-tax savings plans for public transportation and parking expenses
- We are currently fully remote, but are open to flexible WFH arrangements once we re-open
- We look forward to welcoming you in our offices located at 500 7th Ave once it is safe to do so!
Simplist is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.