Simplist is a digital mortgage marketplace committed to modernizing and simplifying the largely outdated and stressful mortgage application process. Founded in 2018 by a team of experienced real estate and finance professionals, Simplist works with major national firms and established regional lenders alike to quickly and securely match borrowers with the perfect mortgage. Simplist serves as the sole point of contact for borrowers, from application through closing. Mortgages were created in the 1700s, and we are modernizing the experience for today's consumers.
As a startup with a high-growth trajectory, we’re looking for an experienced Head of People to develop and scale the Recruiting, People Ops, and HR practices that will allow us to accelerate this rapid growth. The Head of People will work directly with our leadership team to ensure our success around all things people, as this role is foundational to our plans for expansion in the coming months and years.
An ideal candidate has a background in creating and implementing hiring strategies and HR policies. We’re looking for someone adept in shaping cross-functional team culture at a startup. A successful Head of People at Simplist drives evidence-based innovation to build our employer brand, as we strive to be a top tech employer with an exemplary culture.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop recruiting practices to support Simplist’s values and evolving business needs.
- Support onboarding, training, and performance management programs across functions.
- Manage job postings, A-Z candidate experience, and hiring.
- Meet KPIs around hiring, retention, and employee satisfaction.
- Help map out headcount plans.
- Implement strategies that help us scale while maintaining core values and spirit.
- Lead initiatives that enhance the employee experience and foster a close-knit team.
- Cultivate our online presence with online job resources, ensuring Simplist’s profile is up to date and reflects achievements.
- Deploy and administer HR, Benefits, and Recruiting software while maintaining supplier relationships. Be constantly on the lookout for cutting edge programs and tech.
- 8+ Years demonstrated experience across HR, Recruiting, and People Ops, with 5+ years in a leadership role at a fintech startup or similar fast paced environment.
- Ability to use and monitor data in making and evaluating decisions.
- Strong communication, people management, and coaching skills across seniority and function.
- Proficient in administering all major HR and recruiting software (Greenhouse, Glassdoor, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree.
We are excited to speak with you about our revolutionary product and dynamic team – there is nothing else like it. With a ton of buzz in the market around what we are building, now is the best time to join!
To apply, send us an email with your resume and tell us why you want to work at Simplist.