Simplist is a start-up with a fast-scaling trajectory. We’re looking for a highly motivated, organized and analytical Operations Manager with strong people skills to join our NYC team and help manage day-to-day operations, as well as participate in shaping the strategic direction of the Company. In this role, you will work closely with the company’s senior leadership to design and implement operational best practices across the organization. This role will straddle both the mortgage operations and executive teams. The role is based in New York and will report to the company’s President and CEO.
What you’ll do
- Work directly with President and CEO to create, implement and execute operational procedures across the organization.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the mortgage team to make sure that active applications are attended to and moved through the process as efficiently as possible.
- Manage recruiting and onboarding processes across our various teams.
- Help promote our company culture, encouraging high morale, teamwork, honesty and high performance.
- Support employee communication with senior management team as the organization grows.
- Track and report on operational issues, with an emphasis on discovering and fixing bottlenecks.
- Coordinate with other departments to help shape product roadmap as it relates to increasing our overall efficiency.
- Keep track of staffing requirements and recommend hires when needed.
Who you are
- You have at least 5 years of operations experience and have managed a team of 3+ reports in at least one previous job.
- You have excellent time management skills and a track record of setting and meeting ambitious goals.
- You understand how to build consensus and relationships among managers and employees.
- You have excellent project management skills with strong attention to detail.
- You have strong communication skills; able to communicate and present at a senior level with company leadership as well as cross-functionally. Able to work cross-functionally.
- You are a strong problem-solver with an orientation toward hypotheses and insights; you believe everything can and should be measured and evaluated for impact and scaling potential.
- You are comfortable working in an uncertain environment, trying new things, and learning from each test to iterate and continually improve results.
- You are comfortable operating independently in a fast-paced environment; must be adaptable and willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary.
- You like to have fun, you like to collaborate, and you like to work hard.
How to Apply
We are excited to speak with you about our revolutionary product – there is nothing else like it. With a ton of buzz in the market around what we are building, now is the best time to join! To apply, send us an email with your resume and tell us why you want to work at Simplist.